We are currently hiring a Vue.js Developer with 5+ years of experience that will join our team on the further development of the Peterson’s platform, the largest test-prep service provider in the USA.
TOTAL GROSS SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION:
3.600 to 5.000 EUR – depending on your skills and experience.
About the project
The client you are going to be working with is Peterson’s, a leading provider of live, print, and online products and services, including test preparation (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches.
Peterson’s platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly, as well as their parents, teachers, and operations teams working on the college application management. The users of Peterson’s platform also include universities across the US and government agencies. One of the products within Peterson’s platform is also Dantes, a mobile and web application providing academic courses free of charge to all active-duty military, their families, and DoD civilians.
What will you do?
- Maintain, support, and extend our existing web-based products and services, as well as design and develop new features and eCommerce and B2B applications
- Work closely with our product team to design, develop and deliver new applications and features for both internal and external users
- Optimize websites and applications to improve performance, user experience, and usability across a wide range of browsers, devices, and screen sizes
- Contribute to the development of automated testing procedures and systems
- Participate in R&D and exploration of new technologies, frameworks, best practices and techniques to continuously improve our products and services
- Share expertise and knowledge within the team
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of experience in modern web application development
- Demonstrated professional experience working with Vue.js
- An eye for design and attention to detail, with the ability to turn mockups, sketches, and wireframes into beautiful, performant and maintainable user facing application components
- Understanding of authentication/authorization using OAuth and JWT/bearer tokens
- Working knowledge of Git for source/version control
- Experience with dependency and package management using Yarn or npm and an understanding of the implications of introducing dependencies
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of English language
You get bonus points for…
- Experience working with other modern frontend web application frameworks (Angular or React)
About the team
Our experts working in Peterson’s platform use agile methodologies and use the Gitflow Workflow process to ideate, develop and deploy new products and product features.
In Speck we have a team of more than 15 experts that have been working on Peterson’s platform development. In less than a year we have managed to improve the code quality through the Gitflow Workflow process. We use Gitlab merge requests for code review, all of the new features are covered with functional and unit testing enabling us to cover the larger portions of code coverage. Also, we use the Gitlab CI/CD method to build, test and deploy new applications.
Some of the additional technologies we use include:
Development & deployment: Docker
Backend technologies: PHP, MYSQL, Redis
DevOps: Ansible, Terraform, automated deploy
Error Logging: Sentry.io
We have contributed to Peterson’s platform quality through the development of the Auth0 Single Sign-On authentication used through all of Peterson’s products, as well as through the development of the native mobile application Dantes.
What can you expect from us?
1. Competitive salary
We offer you a competitive compensation package along with regular evaluations of your skills and knowledge to enable further growth of your salary, along with the additional benefits.
2. Modern tech stack
We hold full ownership over the tech stack on each project we work on. Since we are constantly looking for new ways to improve development and CI/CD processes, you will have an impact on the selection of new technologies.
3. SPECKtacular coworkers
The Croatian team you’ll be working with is made of both technically strong and very cohesive team members. Before joining the Peterson’s team, some of the team members previously worked in large and notable companies in Croatia and Europe, some led teams there, while some are very active in the tech community.
Apart from being experts in what they do, they are also great to hang out with and talk about many different topics and interests.
4. Flexible working schedule
You can shape your working schedule according to your life, hobbies, and interests. No questions asked as long as the job is done.
Since Peterson’s is based in Colorado in the US, sometimes it will be required to adjust your schedule and be available in the afternoon hours for better coordination.
5. Remote work
Even though we have an office in Zagreb (HUB385), we are a remote-first company.
6. Professional development
We make sure you have access to any online course or book. Apart from that, you get a yearly education budget which you can use for additional education workshops, conferences, or anything else you need for your professional development.
7. SPECKtacular company culture
We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. But we also know that the most valuable feedback are spoken through empathy which is why we nurture the culture of inclusivity and teamwork.
8. Slick equipment
MacBooks, monitors, headphones, magic mice, and wireless keyboards – whatever you need to be at your best. In case you will be needing anything else, we are happy to hear your requests!
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at [email protected]
The position is open until September 16th or until filled.