We are currently hiring a freelance Vue.js Developer with 3+ years of experience that will join our team and work on improvement and further development of a platform with big visibility.
About the project you’ll be working on
We’re working on architecture optimization to improve the performance of the page – the goal is to make the page faster, more responsive, and more secure. You will be involved in suggesting architectural solutions and implementing development changes, using Vue.js technology. The frontend team you’ll be working with consists of 2 highly skilled senior developers, and a project manager. More details about the project and the team will be shared with you during the first interview.
Other products we are currently working on in Speck
Autoskola.hr – A product that we have developed independently enables candidates to prepare better for exams in traffic regulations as part of training for driving schools and allows driving schools to easily track the progress of candidates.
Branko – A product in the field of occupational safety, that helps small and mid sized companies to keep everything they need in one place, digitized and well organized.
KidzToPros – EdTech startup from California (San Francisco) that scaled from providing extracurricular activities in one school to over 250 schools and tens of thousands of satisfied children and parents, in less than two years. We help KidzToPros to define product strategy, design the web and mobile interfaces, market their services, and measure the impact of their efforts.
Minka – Minka is an open banking platform allowing fintechs and traditional financial institutions to create new financial products. By using Google App Engine, we helped Minka deploy an open banking platform using REST API and Google Datastore, used by millions in Latin America.
What can you expect from us?
1. Competitive hourly rate
We offer you a competitive compensation package along with regular evaluations of your skills and knowledge to enable further growth of your compensation, along with the additional benefits.
2. Modern tech stack
We hold full ownership over the tech stack on each project we work on. On this project, we’re primarily working with Vue.js technology on frontend. Since we are constantly looking for new ways to improve development and CI / CD processes, you will have an impact on the selection of new technologies.
3. Flexible working schedule
You can shape your working schedule according to your life, hobbies, and interests. No questions asked as long as the job is done.
4. Remote work
Even though we have an office in Zagreb (HUB385), we are a remote-first company.
5. Professional development
On a monthly basis, we are organizing internal education in the fields of Development, Design, QA, Product, and Marketing. Apart from that, we make sure you have access to any online course or book that you need.
6. SPECKtacular company culture
We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. But we also know that the most valuable feedback are spoken through empathy which is why we nurture the culture of inclusivity and teamwork.
7. Slick equipment
MacBooks, monitors, headphones, magic mouses, and wireless keyboards – whatever you need to be at your best. In case you will be needing anything else, we are happy to hear your requests!
What do we expect from you?
- 3+ years of experience in modern web application development
- Demonstrated professional experience working with Vue.js
- An eye for design and attention to detail, with the ability to turn mockups, sketches, and wireframes into beautiful, performant and maintainable user facing application components
- Understanding of authentication/authorization using OAuth and JWT/bearer tokens
- Working knowledge of Git for source/version control
- Experience with dependency and package management using Yarn or npm and an understanding of the implications of introducing dependencies
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of English language
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with other modern frontend web application frameworks (Angular or React)
What will be your responsibilities?
- Maintain, support, and extend our existing web-based products and services, as well as design and develop new features and eCommerce and B2B applications
- Optimize websites and applications to improve performance, user experience, and usability across a wide range of browsers, devices, and screen sizes
- Contribute to the development of automated testing procedures and systems
- Participate in R&D and exploration of new technologies, frameworks, best practices and techniques to continuously improve our products and services
- Sharing expertise and knowledge within the team
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at [email protected]
The position is open until October 10th or until filled.