We are looking for a senior frontend (React) developer to join our Speck team!
Some products we are currently working on in Speck
Peterson’s – a leading provider of test preparation materials (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches. The platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly. Our team works directly with Peterson’s founders and holds a great dose of ownership over the product development.
Drivedo (former Autoskola.hr) – A product that we have developed independently enables candidates to prepare better for exams in traffic regulations as part of training for driving schools and allows driving schools to easily track the progress of candidates.
24sata – We are working alongside one of the strongest media brands in Croatia, where our role is to ensure their platform is at its best performance. By using automated scripts, various types of testing, auditing the tech performance, our team is in charge of ensuring all news are delivered to consumers at maximum speed, for the best user experience.
Bagless.io – A social discovery 3D web platform, allowing anyone anywhere to create and explore real-world locations, together. It offers users to join their team members in a virtual copy of their office, grab a drink in a virtual bar, window-shop from the comfort of their home, and much more.
What can you expect from us?
1. Competitive salary
We offer you a competitive compensation package along with regular evaluations of your skills and knowledge to enable further growth of your compensation, along with the additional benefits.
2. Modern tech stack
We hold full ownership over the tech stack on each project we work on. Since we are constantly looking for new ways to improve development and CI / CD processes, you will have an impact on the selection of new technologies.
3. Flexible working schedule
You can shape your working schedule according to your life, hobbies, and interests. No questions asked as long as the job is done.
4. Remote work
Even though we have an office in Zagreb (HUB385), we are a remote-first company.
5. Professional development
We make sure you have access to any online course or book. Apart from that, you get a yearly education budget which you can use for additional education workshops, conferences, or anything else you need for your professional development.
6. SPECKtacular company culture
We respect one another enough to give and receive honest feedback. But we also know that the most valuable feedback are spoken through empathy which is why we nurture the culture of inclusivity and teamwork.
7. Slick equipment
MacBooks, monitors, headphones, magic mouses, and wireless keyboards – whatever you need to be at your best. In case you will be needing anything else, we are happy to hear your requests!
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of experience in modern web application development
- Demonstrated professional experience working with React
- Experience with CSS (Flexbox, Grid)
- Understanding of web concepts, FP and architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience in working with at least one SQL and one NoSQL database
- Good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the English language
Bonus points for:
- Experience in working with TypeScript
- Experience in working with React Native
- Experience in working with AWS
What will be your responsibilities?
- Developing high-quality web applications
- Planning web components together with designers, product managers, and backend engineers
- Attending meetings with clients
- Identifying and fixing performance and maintenance problems
- Suggesting infrastructure improvements
- Sharing your expertise and knowledge within the team
- Code reviews
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at [email protected]