We are currently hiring a Senior Product Manager, to join us on Peterson’s platform, the largest test-prep service provider in the USA. If you have 5+ years of experience in managing and launching digital products, understand eCommerce trends, and have great communication and organizational skills, we expect your application!
ABOUT PETERSON’S PLATFORM AND YOUR ROLE
The client you are going to be working with is Peterson’s, a leading provider of live, print, and online products and services, including test preparation (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches. Peterson’s platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly. The users of Peterson’s platform also include universities across the US and government agencies. One of the products within Peterson’s platform is also Dantes, a mobile and web application providing academic courses free of charge to all active-duty military, their families, and DoD civilians.
In Speck we have a team of more than 15 experts that have been working on Peterson’s platform development. The whole Peterson’s company contains of 3 major teams in different countries: business team is located in the USA, product team in the Balkans and content and support team in the Philippines.
Our team works directly with Peterson’s founders and holds a great dose of ownership over the product development.
As a product manager, the focus of your position will be on developing and executing product strategy and creating a roadmap that aligns with business goals, market trends, and customer needs. You will be conducting market research and analysis and dive into customer behavior. To ensure seamless product integration and delivery, you will be collaborating with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, development, QA and operations. You will lead the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from concept to launch and ongoing optimization.
The main Peterson’s site is on WordPress, while Magento and WooCommerce are being used for eCommerce. All other web applications are on Laravel.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product strategy for Peterson’s platform, including eCommerce part
- Create and deliver project development plans, briefs, estimates, and other deliverables, in collaboration with other departments
- Collect quantitative and qualitative product data and metrics through market and user research and interviews
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to gather requirements, prioritize features, and set goals aligned with the product’s business direction
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, development, QA, and operations, to ensure seamless product integration and delivery
- Lead the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from concept to launch and ongoing optimization
- Work closely with development teams to define product features, specifications, and user stories
- Utilize analytics tools to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and track the success of product features
- Provide product expertise for marketing collateral, website content, and customer communication
- Mentor, teach, and improve the performance of the team
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Understanding of eCommerce trends, familiarity with developing and launching features for eCommerce-based products
- Excellent knowledge of important UI/UX, QA and web/mobile development processes and principles
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Experience with planning and implementing goals through any of the frameworks (KPIs, OKRs, other…)
- Experience with various aspects of product development -> market research, roadmap planning, customer development, workshops, wireframing/prototyping, usability testing, time-logging, reporting, communication with clients
- Excellent communication skills and excellent knowledge of English
Bonus points for:
- An academic background in software engineering / computer science, or similar/equivalent knowledge acquired through work experience
- Experience with Magento and WooCommerce
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
Aligned with market standards and tailored to reflect your working experience, ensuring fair and motivating renumeration.
Regular performance management
We facilitate regular check-ins and annual performance reviews to give you enough opportunity to share your feedback with us, but also help you foster your professional growth.
Collaborative work environment
Join a team of experienced specialists in an inclusive culture, where teamwork, honesty, hard work and diversity are valued and encouraged.
To do great things – you need good equipment. We offer MacBooks, monitors, earphones, keyboards, and any other necessary gadgets you might need.
Professional development opportunities
Benefit from a personal annual education budget, enjoy unlimited access to the Udemy course library, and explore a world of knowledge with unlimited Kindle books and Kindle devices.
Health and wellness
Sweat it out in the sauna, explore new group workout trends or work on your swimming laps with a Multisport card, and enjoy peace of mind with 10 days of fully paid sick leave per year.
Company-wide and team gatherings
Participate in three fully-funded annual gatherings, including a spring party, Christmas party, and a 3-day team-building weekend. Get to know your team members in-person through team-level gatherings.
Receive robust support from our administration, legal, and management teams, ensuring you have everything you need – whatever situation arises!
Hybrid work model
As a remote-first company, we offer a hybrid work arrangement, with our office in Zagreb always available for those who prefer an office environment.
SOME OF THE OTHER PRODUCTS WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON
HubDialer – A web-based campaign management tool, that enables automated calling, voice mail management, enhanced volunteer recruiting and a web-based dashboard for monitoring campaign status.
Syncplicity – A file-sharing platform focused on easy-to-use and secure information sharing.
Bagless.io – A social discovery 3D web platform, allowing anyone anywhere to create and explore real-world locations, together. It offers users to join their team members in a virtual copy of their office, grab a drink in a virtual bar, window-shop from the comfort of their home, and much more.
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at [email protected].
The position is open until filled.