We are currently hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join our team on one of our projects – Syncplicity.
By joining other team members on Syncplicity, you will have exciting new possibilities to follow your curiosity wherever it takes you. You will collaborate with a team of professionals who happily share their knowledge, are open to different points of view, and are always available to support you in completing the more challenging tasks.
Through integration with industry-leading anti-virus solutions, 24/7 support, easy-to-use APIs, multi-platform compatibility, as well as various integrations like Salesforce, Office, Outlook and Adobe, Syncplicity is a go-to solution for many small, medium-sized and large businesses.
- You will lead a team consisting of two DevOps Engineers and one Database Engineer, ensuring the delivery of stable, repeatable solutions, while proactively identifying and addressing potential risks
- Mentor, teach and improve the performance of the team
- Provide and maintain well-tuned CI/CD systems
- Submit merge requests and review MRs from other specialists
- Document, test, and maintain high-quality and highly available solutions
- Service stability: Incident Management and Problem Management
- Change Management on escort and delivery changes initiated by R&D
- Maintaining and optimizing existing infrastructure and application set
- Automates manual repeatable and day-to-day operations tasks
- Perform review and management from costs and performance perspectives
- Participate in improvements, optimization, and development of automation based on Ansible, Terraform-Terragrunt, and Jenkins, as well as related to the containerization of applications based on Kubernetes in AWS EKS
- Participate in SCRUM-based processes as a part of the team
- Participate in the paid rotating on-call schedule
- At least 3-4 years of hands-on experience in administrating Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience in working with cloud-based infrastructure and applications (AWS)
- Experience in automation (preferable: knowledge in tools-set usage like Ansible, Terragrunt-Terraform, Jenkins, K8S/EKS)
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining applications or software products, triaging incidents, participating in investigations with developers (SRE)
- Ready to work in on-call shifts
- Accuracy in following instructions and procedures and familiarity with ITIL is welcomed
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Spoken English that allows joining calls and incident bridges
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience as a server administrator (Linux and/or Windows) with hands-on experience with the AWS cloud
- Hands-on experience with various server operating systems (Linux and/or Windows families)
- Solid understanding of the application servers architecture and operating model within at least one type of operating system (Linux or Windows)
- Practical experience in scripting languages and routine procedures automation (bash, python)
- Monitoring (User level)- ELK stack (Elastic-Logstash-Kibana), Grafana, AppDynamics, Zabbix
- Platforms – AWS, Kubernetes
- Operation Systems – Linux, Windows
- Other technologies – Git, Jira, Confluence
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive compensation
- Modern tech stack
- Professional development – personal yearly education budget, unlimited Udemy course library, unlimited Kindle books + a Kindle device
- Multisport card
- Working with a team of experienced specialists
- Flexible working schedule
- Support from the administrative and management side
- Inclusive team culture
- Even though we have an office in Zagreb, we are a remote-first company
We are a design and development agency building successful digital products used by thousands of people daily. In the company of 70+ talented tech professionals and passionate digital natives, we are brewing solutions for global clients and our internal startups.
SOME OF THE OTHER PRODUCTS WE’RE CURRENTLY WORKING ON
Peterson’s – a leading provider of test preparation materials (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches. The platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly. Our team works directly with Peterson’s founders and holds a great dose of ownership over the product development.
Belupoint – WordPress-based LMS for healthcare professionals. Belupoint has gathered more than 1000+ of users in the first month and continues to help healthcare professionals get access to remote educational opportunities.
HubDialer – A web-based campaign management tool, that enables automated calling, voice mail management, enhanced volunteer recruiting and a web-based dashboard for monitoring campaign status.
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at [email protected].
The position is open until filled.