We are hiring an IT Administrator to join our team at Peterson’s! If you have 2+ years of experience, a deep understanding of IT systems and have experience in ensuring IT infrastructure is working like a charm, we can’t wait to receive your application! 🙂
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The client you are going to be working with is Peterson’s, a leading provider of live, print, and online products and services, including test preparation (GMT, SAT, TOEFL), career exploration tools, and scholarship searches. Peterson’s platform is the main source of information for more than 500.000 students yearly. The users of Peterson’s platform also include universities across the US and government agencies. One of the products within Peterson’s platform is also Dantes, a mobile and web application providing academic courses free of charge to all active-duty military, their families, and DoD civilians.
In Speck we have a team of more than 15 experts that have been working on Peterson’s platform development. The whole Peterson’s company contains of 3 major teams in different countries: business team is located in the USA, product team in the Balkans and content and support team in the Philippines.
Our team works directly with Peterson’s founders and holds a great dose of ownership over the product development.
As an IT Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our IT infrastructure is robust, efficient, and aligned with the business goals.
Your daily workflow will include architecting, configuring and managing everything across an organization.
- Support and maintain company data and technological infrastructure
- Design and implement efficient IT systems that support organizational needs and processes
- Manage and maintain Google Workspace ecosystem along with other directories (including Active Directory), user accounts, permissions, and group policies
- Configure and maintain Windows machines, software and licenses, ensuring reliability
- Implement and oversee security protocols to protect systems and data
- Provide high-level technical support, troubleshoot issues, and ensure minimal downtime
- Develop and enforce IT policies and procedures to ensure best practices
- Offer training and guidance to team members on IT systems in use and related best practices
- Liaise with vendors and external partners to ensure effective collaboration and service delivery
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of IT systems in place, configurations, and procedures
- Continuously improve existing infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience as an IT Administrator
- In-depth knowledge of Google Workspace and integration with Active Directory
- Proficient in diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues across various devices and platforms
- Strong understanding of system security and data privacy principles
- Proficient in server and network administration, including backup and disaster recovery systems
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services (Google Cloud, AWS and similar)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and services
- Familiarity with database management and maintenance
- Excellent English
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, time management and organization skills
Bonus points for:
- Any relevant IT Administrator certifications
We are Speck – a design and development agency dedicated to solving business challenges and building successful digital products used daily by thousands. With a team of over 70 talented technology professionals and passionate digital natives, we craft solutions for global clients and our internal startups.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
Aligned with market standards and tailored to reflect your working experience, ensuring fair and motivating renumeration.
Regular performance management
We facilitate regular check-ins and annual performance reviews to give you enough opportunity to share your feedback with us, but also help you foster your professional growth.
Collaborative work environment
Join a team of experienced specialists in an inclusive culture, where teamwork, honesty, hard work and diversity are valued and encouraged.
To do great things – you need good equipment. We offer MacBooks, monitors, earphones, keyboards, and any other necessary gadgets you might need.
Professional development opportunities
Benefit from a personal annual education budget, enjoy unlimited access to the Udemy course library, and explore a world of knowledge with unlimited Kindle books and Kindle devices.
Health and wellness
Sweat it out in the sauna, explore new group workout trends or work on your swimming laps with a Multisport card, and enjoy peace of mind with 10 days of fully paid sick leave per year.
Company-wide and team gatherings
Participate in three fully-funded annual gatherings, including a spring party, Christmas party, and a 3-day team-building weekend. Get to know your team members in-person through team-level gatherings.
Receive robust support from our administration, legal, and management teams, ensuring you have everything you need – whatever situation arises!
Hybrid work model
As a remote-first company, we offer a hybrid work arrangement, with our office in Zagreb always available for those who prefer an office environment.
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS WE’RE CURRENTLY WORKING ON
Syncplicity – A file-sharing platform focused on easy-to-use and secure information sharing.
Belupoint – A WordPress-based Learning Management System (LMS) designed for healthcare professionals. In its first month alone, Belupoint attracted over 1000 users and continues to provide healthcare professionals with access to remote educational opportunities.
HubDialer – A web-based campaign management tool that facilitates automated calling, voicemail management, enhanced volunteer recruiting, and features a web-based dashboard for real-time monitoring of campaign status.
In case you have the skills and knowledge mentioned above, don’t hesitate – send us your CV and we will get back to you! 🙂
If you have any questions about this position, shoot us a message at [email protected].
The position is open until filled.